2020 Self Drive Irish Odyssey - 12 Days/11 Nights
Duration: 12 Days
Price: Starts from $1517 USD
2020 Irish Odyssey- Self Drive
Day 1: Vacation Starts in Dublin
Arrive at Dublin Airport and continue into the city. Your day is free to explore independently. Use your prepaid vouchers for an open-top bus tour of central Dublin or visit one of Dublin’s prime attractions such as Guinness Storehouse, Teeling Distillery, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum or General Post Office Museum.
Day 2: Explore Dublin
Today you may choose to see more of Dublin, either independently or using your open-top bus tour. Suggested visits include Dublinia, Trinity College, Dublin Castle, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and Kilmainham Gaol
Day 3: Dublin to Cork
Take a taxi with your included voucher to pick up your car and drive south to Cork, a distance of 160 miles. Suggested visits along the way are Irish National Stud & Gardens, Rock of Cashel and Blarney Castle.
Day 4: Cork to Killarney
The direct drive is only 50 miles but you might like to take a scenic route along the shoreline of West Cork. Suggested visits today are Jameson Experience, Fota House, Muckross House and Killarney House.
Day 5: Kerry Touring
You may like to take a full day tour to travel the popular 100-mile Ring of Kerry – we recommend drive in a counter-clockwise direction. Suggested visit to the Skellig Experience. The Dingle Peninsula is also a lovely day tour. Suggested visit to Dingle Brewing Company, Blasket Centre or a Jingle Bay Cruise. Enjoy another evening in Killarney to sample the local pubs and eateries.
Day 6: Killarney to Galway
Today’s journey is about 120 miles – cross the River Shannon by ferry and travel along the coast of Clare, stopping at the Cliffs of Moher. Drive through the Burren and around Galway Bay. Suggested visits to Burren Centre and Knappogue Castle
Day 7: Connemara Region
Today you may wish to tour Connemara, a region of unspoiled open scenery. Suggested visits today are Kylemore Abbey and Gardens, “Connemara Lady” catamaran cruise on Killary Harbour (seasonal), or take “The Quiet Man” walking tour of Cong.
Day 8: Galway to Derry
The distance today is 170 miles and takes you through Counties Mayo, Sligo and Donegal. Suggested visits to the Museum of Country Life, Belleek Pottery and Florence Court
Day 9: Donegal or Giant’s Causeway
Explore the scenery of Donegal or drive to the Giant’s Causeway, huge basalt columns jutting out of the causeway cliff faces. In Derry walk along the medieval city walls, which are intact and provide great views all around.
Day 10: Derry to Cabra Castle Hotel
This is a journey of 100 miles taking the most direct route. You may stop at the Ulster American Folk Park outside Omagh or travel via Belfast to Kingscourt to your castle hotel, built in 1760
Day 11: Meath Stay
Relax in the lovely setting of your hotel in Knightsbrook, County Meath or use the 18-hole golf course. Suggested visits to the Boyne Valley Visitor Centre, Trim Castle or the Hill of Tara, the seat of the High Kings of Ireland.
Day 12: Vacation Ends Dublin Airport
Dublin Airport is less than an hour’s drive away so drop your rental car in good time for your flight.
- Discover local lore on a walking tour of Cong (“The Quiet Man” tour) with a local guide.
- Sample local craft beer in a unique setting at a traditional Irish pub.
- Herbert Park Hotel | Dublin (2 nights)
- The River Lee Hotel | Cork (1 night)
- Killarney Plaza Hotel | Killarney (2 nights)
- The Galmont Hotel | Galway (2 nights)
- City Hotel | Derry (2 nights)
- Cabra Castle Hotel | Kingscourt (1 night)
- Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort | Trim, Co. Meath (1 night)
- Hertz self-drive car rental with unlimited mileage, complimentary navigation system, collision damage waiver (CDW), theft protection (TP), government tax (VAT) and location service charge (LSC)
- Various vehicle sizes available, and your choice of manual or automatic transmission – see our website or call us for rates
- Complimentary arrival group airport transfer when you book our flights - $15 one-way per person fee applies to land only bookings
- Taxi transfer from your Dublin hotel to Hertz downtown office
- Prebooked stays for 11 nights in hotels listed above
- Full breakfast daily except on day 1
- Dublin open-top bus tour and a visit to one of these prime attractions - Guinness Storehouse, GPO Witness History, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum or Teeling Whiskey Distillery
- Ireland Insight Guide – guide with maps and suggested itineraries (one per room)
- Go-To Guide – information book with basic travel facts
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes and hotel service charges
Irish Odyssey Independent 12 Day Tour
Independent Irish Odyssey -12 days/11 Nights land package
|BegDep 2020-07-10||EndDep 2020-07-10||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus||Price 2437 USD|
|BegDep 2020-07-17||EndDep 2020-07-17||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus Guaranteed||Price 2437 USD|
|BegDep 2020-07-24||EndDep 2020-07-24||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus Pending||Price 2437 USD|
|BegDep 2020-07-31||EndDep 2020-07-31||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus||Price 2437 USD|
|BegDep 2020-08-07||EndDep 2020-08-07||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus Guaranteed||Price 2407 USD|
|BegDep 2020-08-14||EndDep 2020-08-14||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus||Price 2407 USD|
|BegDep 2020-08-21||EndDep 2020-08-21||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus||Price 2407 USD|
|BegDep 2020-08-28||EndDep 2020-08-28||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus||Price 2407 USD|
|BegDep 2020-09-04||EndDep 2020-09-04||SaleStatus Cancelled||DisplayStatus Guaranteed||Price 2629 USD|
|BegDep 2020-09-11||EndDep 2020-09-11||SaleStatus Sold Out||DisplayStatus||Price 2629 USD|
|BegDep 2020-09-18||EndDep 2020-09-18||SaleStatus Sold Out||DisplayStatus Guaranteed||Price 2629 USD|
|BegDep 2020-09-25||EndDep 2020-09-25||SaleStatus Sold Out||DisplayStatus||Price 2629 USD|
|BegDep 2020-10-02||EndDep 2020-10-02||SaleStatus Sold Out||DisplayStatus||Price 1856 USD|
|BegDep 2020-10-09||EndDep 2020-10-09||SaleStatus Sold Out||DisplayStatus||Price 1856 USD|
|BegDep 2020-10-23||EndDep 2020-10-23||SaleStatus Sold Out||DisplayStatus||Price 1856 USD|
|BegDep 2020-10-30||EndDep 2020-10-30||SaleStatus Open||DisplayStatus Guaranteed||Price 1856 USD|
|BegDep 2020-11-06||EndDep 2020-11-06||SaleStatus Open||DisplayStatus||Price 1517 USD|