2020 Self Drive Elegant Ireland - 10 Days/9 Nights
Duration: 10 Days
Price: Starts from $0 USD
2020 SELF DRIVE - ELEGANT IRELAND – 10 Days/9 Nights
Day 1: VACATION STARTS IN DUBLIN
Arrive at Dublin Airport and continue into the city. Your day is free to explore independently. Use your prepaid vouchers for an open-top bus tour of central Dublin or visit one of Dublin’s prime attractions such as Guinness Storehouse, Teeling Distillery, Epic Ireland or General Post Office Museum.
Day 2: CLONMACNOISE MONASTIC SITE & GALWAY
Take a taxi with your included voucher to pick up your car. Journey across the rolling pastures to visit Clonmacnoise, a monastic settlement founded in 544 AD and set on the banks of the River Shannon. Take a walking tour of Galway with a local guide. See the Claddagh, once a fishing village, where the famous ring originated.
Day 3: LOUGH CORRIB CRUISE & CONNEMARA
Embark for a cruise on Lough Corrib to enjoy the scenery and sip an Irish coffee while enjoying an Irish dancing demonstration. Drive through scenic Connemara. At Kylemore Abbey, visit elegant rooms and the charming lakeside church. Enjoy lunch and more views of Connemara before returning to Galway where the evening is free to explore
Day 4: CLIFFS OF MOHER & ENNIS
Watch trained dogs herd sheep and enjoy tea and homemade scones. Travel through the Burren to view the Cliffs of Moher. Enjoy a walking tour of Ennis, dating back to the 11th century, with narrow streets and quaint shops.
Day 5: FOYNES FLYING BOAT & MARITIME MUSEUM & KILLARNEY
Cross the River Shannon Estuary on a short ferry and drive along the shore to Foynes to visit the Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum. Stop in Listowel to explore and lunch on your own before heading to picturesque Killarney.
Day 6: DINGLE PENINSULA & GALLARUS ORATORY
Explore the scenic Dingle Peninsula for views of heathery mountains, sandy beaches, and rocky headlands. Visit Gallarus Oratory, a stone chapel that was also a shelter for pilgrims. Stop in Dingle to explore and have lunch on your own. Return to your hotel in Killarney
Day 7: KILLARNEY’S JAUNTING CAR & CORK COASTLINE
Take a traditional horse-drawn jaunting car ride through Killarney National Park and along the shores of Lough Leane. Stop at Ross Castle and Kenmare Estate to admire the unspoiled scenery. Drive to Kenmare to have lunch and explore on your own. Continue along the County Cork coast and through Bantry and Skibbereen before arriving in Rosscarbery
Day 8: Charles Fort & Historic Kinsale
Travel along the West Cork coast to view Timoleague Franciscan Friary, founded in 1240, with picturesque ruins of the church and living quarters. Head to Kinsale, renowned since medieval times for seafaring trade. Join a local guide at the star-shaped Charles Fort before taking a gentle stroll through town.
Day 9: BLARNEY STONE & DUNBOYNE CASTLE
Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or enjoy a stroll through the castle grounds. Shop for quality Irish-made products at the Blarney Woollen Mills. Arrive at your luxurious castle hotel near Dublin.
Day 10: TOUR ENDS AT DUNBOYNE CASTLE
Your program ends after breakfast.
Optional Suggested Authentic Local Experiences:
- Discover the rich history of Dublin’s Trinity College on a walking tour.
- Immerse yourself in country life as you watch a farmer work with highly skilled dogs to herd sheep and sit down to tea or coffee with some home baking.
Optional Authentic Local Experiences
- Dingle Peninsula
- Book of Kells
- Charles Fort
- Cliffs of Moher
- Clonmacnoise Monastic Site
- Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum
- Kylemore Abbey
- Timoleague Franciscan Friary
- Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel | Dublin (1)
- Salthill Hotel | Galway (2)
- Old Ground Hotel | Ennis (1)
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel | Killarney (2)
- Maritime Hote | Bantry, County Cork (2)
- Dunboyne Castle Hotel | Co. Meath (1)
- Hertz self-drive car rental with unlimited mileage, complimentary navigation system, collision damage waiver (CDW), theft protection (TP), government tax (VAT) and location service charge (LSC)
- Various vehicle sizes available, and your choice of manual or automatic transmission – see our website or call us for rates
- Complimentary arrival group airport transfer when you book our flights - $15 one-way per person fee applies to land only bookings
- Taxi transfer from your Dublin hotel to Hertz downtown office
- Prebooked stays for 9 nights in hotels listed above
- Full breakfast daily except on day 1
- Dublin open-top bus tour and a visit to one of these prime attractions - Guinness Storehouse, GPO Witness History, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum or Teeling Whiskey Distillery
- Ireland Insight Guide – guide with maps and suggested itineraries (one per room)
- Go-To Guide – information book with basic travel facts
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes and hotel service charges