If you’re no stranger to NACTA Travel blogs, you’ll know I’ve written about the top 5 things or places to visit and experience in Iceland and Ireland. I’m making my way down the list and next up is… Scotland! Many of you may know Scotland is home to the “Loch Ness Monster” or for its rich varieties of whisky. It’s much more than that! Scotland is a beautiful country well known for its dramatic scenery of mountains and valleys, rolling hills, green fields and forests, and rugged coastline. I’ll let you in on 5 things you must do and places you must visit when you tour Scotland with CIE Tours and NACTA Travel.
CIE Tours offers 12 tours to Scotland and on each one you’ll get to experience beautiful sights and fun activities.
- A must see when you travel to Scotland is to cruise around the Loch Ness. Reading that you are probably thinking “Loch Ness? As in the Loch Ness monster?” Yes, that’s exactly what I mean. The Loch Ness is home to the rumoured monster from Scottish folklore, “Nessie”.
- For our whisky lovers, visit Blair Athol Distillery and see how the Scottish create their varieties of whisky and even sample a shot! This is a very popular attraction that everyone loves.
- If you like walking in the footsteps of royalty and soldiers, or even pirates, you have to visit Edinburgh Castle. This castle is more than what its name implies. It is a royal residence, military garrison, prison, and a fortress all in one. Talk about history!
- In for some extra fun? If you book a tour that departs between August 2nd and August 23rd, you can witness first hand The Royal Military Tattoo and expect an unforgettable evening of music, ceremony, theater and dance on the Castle Esplanade.
- For our golfers, you’ll love visiting St. Andrews, the “Home of Golf”. To get there, you’ll cross the modern Tay Bridge to this medieval town. A little history on golf: King James banned golf in 1457 and the first written record of the sport in St Andrews was 1552. With each century, golf gathered more followers and in 1754, a group of 22 ‘noblemen and gentlemen formed what became known as the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews. Stay at the Dalmahoy Hotel and Country Club in Edinburgh that features a golf course.
There are so many things to do when visiting the beautiful country of Scotland and NACTA Travel can help you experience them all. If you have any questions, feel free to call 866-622-2244 or email Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’ll answer any questions you may have and book you on your dream vacation!